Norges Bank can offer liquidity that is extraordinary the complete bank operating system or specific banks whenever use of liquidity off their sources is weakened. The liquidity that is extraordinary Norges Bank can offer may avoid economic dilemmas from distributing and so avoid a wider crisis from arising.
Norges Bank can offer additional liquidity to the bank system by means of F-loans and D-loans. If the mandatory liquidity need is large, collateral needs may differ from those set straight down within the legislation regarding the Access of Banking institutions to Borrowing and Deposit places in Norges Bank etc. (the “Lending Regulation”) for D-loans and F-loans (cf area 6 for the legislation).
Liquidity to individual banking institutions, crisis liquidity help (ELA)
Norges Bank can offer extraordinary liquidity to specific banking institutions if liquidity issues are restricted to one or a couple of banking institutions. Norges Bank runs credit on unique terms or crisis liquidity help (ELA) just in instances where stability that is financial at danger if such that loan is certainly not extended. Norges Bank will then expand ELA to boost liquidity (see Section 19, 3rd paragraph, associated with the Norges Bank Act).
Norges Bank sets needs for eligible collateral for ELA. The regards to an ELA can also be determined on an individual foundation, additionally the rate of interest on such financing will be above a market rate that is normal.
Directions for obtaining credit on unique terms (ELA)
A credit card applicatoin for an ELA should always be submitted to your Executive Director of Norges Bank Financial Stability.
The following information must be included with the loan application in addition to the desired loan amount and maturity
- A description of this bank’s procedures and routines for testing loans for disability, including impairment of non-performing loans centered on 30, 60 or ninety days’ delinquency additionally the criteria used by the financial institution for considering financing become a challenge loan, with associated evaluation of security values plus the have to recognise disability losings. In specific, the over at this site lender is required to reveal losses that are cumulative a portion of non-performing loans.
- The lender is requested to report the sum total amount of non-performing and issue exposures into the corporate and customer that is retail in the application date, and overall individual disability losings and connected disability losings as a share of total financing in each category: non-performing вЂ“ corporate, non-performing вЂ“ retail, problem loans вЂ“ business and issue loans вЂ“ retail.
- The lender must report the extent of collective disability losings regarding the date of application, the share of collective impairment losings in accordance with gross loans less specific disability losses and provide an account regarding the assessments and quotes (including quotes according to models) that form the cornerstone for the size of collective disability losings.
- The lender must explain just exactly how alterations in disability losings on corporate and customer that is retail and expected losses or gains on equity, fixed earnings and foreign currency roles affect the budgeted earnings declaration, stability sheet and money adequacy. The lender must make provision for a step-by-step account for the specific clients and individual results likely to be associated with the best importance in this respect.
- An evaluation associated with the bank’s 10 problem loans that are largest as well as its 10 biggest exposures, the latter no matter whether they’ve been viewed as at an increased risk.
- A description of scenarios employed by the financial institution for loss assessments/simulations.